Shock Facts About Global Poverty
Welcome to Aids 4 Poor, we are a global movement driven to make positive changes globally. Here are some shocking facts about poverty. We\'ve also added the sources of these facts at the bottom of this current page. Once you\'ve gone through these facts, learn from it. Aids 4 Poor also implore you to do something (You can start by making donations via our platform – there are kids out there who in need of help).
1. Did you know that over 800 million people globally do not have enough food to eat? That is why the importance of food banks can never be overemphasized. With the aid of food banks, there will be enough provision of food for people that are unable to fend for themselves.
2. At least 700 million people around the world lack adequate access to clean and drinkable water. Asa result of that, different infections are triggered, and more often than not, we experience different pandemic in these regions. Poor sanitation, hand hygiene as well as unclean water, are responsible for the death of over 840 000 people every year globally. That\'s approximately 2300 people daily – this is terrible.
3. Back in 2011, at least 165 million children under the age of 5 were stunted as a result of chronic malnutrition.
4. According to the World Food Programme, \"The poor are hungry, and their hunger traps them in poverty.\" One of the primary causes of death in the world today is hunger. It\'s more deadly than some viral diseases we have out there today.
1. FAO, IFAD, and WFP. \"The State of Food Insecurity in the World 2014. Strengthening the enabling environment for food security and nutrition.\" Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, 2014. Web Accessed February 25, 2015.
2. World Health Organization and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP). \"Progress on Drinking Water and Sanitation, 2014 Update.\" 2014. Web Accessed February 25, 2015.
3. United Nations Children\'s Fund (UNICEF). \"IMPROVING CHILD NUTRITION: The achievable imperative for global progress.\" United Nations Children\'s Fund. 2013. Web Accessed February 25, 2015
4. World Food Programme. \"What causes hunger?\" Food Programme, Fighting Hunger Worldwide, 2010. Web Accessed February 22, 2014.Remember, learn something from this. Then do something. Sign up for Aids 4 Poor and make an impact on millions of youths. Aids 4 Poor is currently receiving donations.